2 cups oat bran or oatmeal grounded up very fine almost like flour.
¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoons baking soda
½ cup non-fat or low fat vanilla yoghurt
½ cup orange juice
½ cup fat-free egg substitute or egg 2 eggs plus one egg white
2 tablespoons canola or walnut oil
¾ cup fozen blueberries (unthawed)
1. Combine oat bran, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl, and stir to mix well.
2. Combine yoghurt, orange juice, egg whites and oil in a small bowl and stir to mix well.
3. Add the yoghurt mixture to the oat-bran mixture and stir to mix well. Add the blueberries.
4. Fill paper muffin cups ¾ full with the batter.
5. Bake at 350° for about 18 minutes or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers not eaten within 24 hours.
Yield: 12 Muffins